A ten men Mamelodi Sundowns side were very unfortunate to narrowly lose 2-1 against Goldern Arrows in an Absa Premiership encounter at the Chatsworth Stadium.

As early as the fifth minute Arrows got a penalty after a miscommunication between Bangaly Soumahoro and Dennis Onyango at the back. Mabhuti Khenyeza made no mistake and gave the home side a 1-0 lead from the spot.

Three minutes later Zikalala made a double save denying Billiat an equalizer as Mamelodi Sundowns started to attack.

In the 17 minutes Mamelodi Sundowns were blown with a crisis as midfielder Bongani Zungu received his second yellow card of the day which saw him leaving the field and the visitors chasing with ten men.

Onyango pulled off a great save for Sundowns from Gladwin Shitolo’s strike after a good supply that had come from Hotto who had run with the ball from the centre.

In the 45th minute Onyago was once again outstanding denying Shitolo an opportunity to double the score before the halftime as he made a good save to his right.

This saw Arrows going into the halftime break on a 1-0 lead.

In the second half, Zwane came in for Malajila and he proved to be a super sub as he gave Sundowns an equalizer through his first touch from his right foot, 1-1.

Substitute Ryan Chapman, who had come in for Fikizolo, almost scored with his first touch, but his long strike went over the crossbar.

In the 70th minute Chapman received a great through ball from Hotto and he made no mistake and netted the goal which gave Arrows a 2-1 lead.

In the last ten minutes Arendse came close to finding an equalizer, but his header went wide.

Sundowns tried to push for an equalizer, but the Arrows defence was solid and this saw them losing their second match in a row.

LINEUP: Dennis Onyango, Tebogo Langerman, Soumahoro Bangaly (Wayne Arendse 45’), Ramahlwe Mphahlele, Siyanda Zwane, Keagan Dolly, Bongani Zungu, Teko Modise (Fiston Abduol Razak 74’), Khama Billiat, Hlompho Kekana, Cuthbert Malajila ( Themba Zwane 45’)

Comment with your Facebook